Welcome to Writer’s Quotes Wednesdays!
How It Works
Each week there will be a specific theme like freedom, chance, change, happiness, adventure, miracle, and unity – some of the many examples of topics from the past. This weekly writing challenge runs from Wednesday through Tuesday.
All you have to do is find a quote and write about it.
Links to the Past Weeks and Upcoming Topics
Starting from the top, topics for one year.
- WQWWC #1: Light or Lights
- WQWWC #2: Anticipation
- #WQWWC #3: Winter
- #WQWWC #4: Celebration
- #WQWWC #5: New Beginnings – Guest Hostess – Autty Jade
- #WQWWC #6: Goals
- #WQWWC #7: Persistence – Guest Hostess – Yvette Prior from priorhouse blog – Photos, art – and a little bit of LIT.
- #WQWWC #8: Change – Guest Hostess – Autty Jade from A Day in the Brine
- #WQWWC #9: Trustworthiness
- #WQWWC #10: Courtesy or Respect
- #WQWWC #11: Love or Caring Guest Host – Frank from Beach Walk Reflections:
- #WQWWC #12: Responsibility
- #WQWWC 13: Fairness
- #WQWWC #14: Citizenship
- #WQWWC #15: Family
- #WQWWC #16: Spring – Guest Host – Frank from Beach Walk Reflections:
- #WQWWC #17: Leisure
- #WQWWC #18: Travel
- #WQWWC #19 Fitness, Health or Wellness
- #WQWWC #20: Faith
- April 21: Nutrition or Nourishment
- April 28: Balance
- May 5: Mind Candy
- May 12: Beauty
- May 19: Healing
- May 26: Hope
- June 2: Friendship
- June 9: Summer
- June 16: Heat
- June 23: Vacation
- June 30: Freedom
- July 7: Culture
- July 14: Exploration
- July 28: Relaxed
- July 21: Exciting
- August 4: Mountains
- August 11: Lakes/ Oceans/Water
- August 18: Learning, Education, or Schools
- August 25: Intensity
- September 1: Work or Career/Employment – Guest Hostess – Yvette Prior from priorhouse blog
- September 8: Order
- September 15: Communication
- September 22: Fortitude/Resilience
- September 29: Autumn or Fall
- October 6: Imaginary
- October 13: Recollections/ Memoirs
- October 20: Writing
- October 27: Spooky
- November 3: Cold
- November 10: Fog
- November 17: Silence
- November 24: Forgotten
- December 1: Toys/Play
- December 8: Festive
- December 15: Candles
- December 22: Joy
- December 29: Farewell/Departure/End
Or try something else. Have fun with #WQWWC.
“I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognized wiser than oneself.”Marlene Dietrich
“A fine quotation is a diamond in the hand of a man of wit and a pebble in the hand of a fool.”Joseph Roux
If you want to participate, create a pingback to link your post. Not sure how to do that? See how to create pingbacks here.
Flex your creative muscles and tell us what you think about the topic of the week using a quote from a favorite author, or your mother, daughter, father, son. You get the idea!
Tell others you are participating if you enjoy it and like widgets in your sidebar.
Sample Responses from Previous Posts
- A Cooking Pot and Twisted Tales – your strength
- LCW Allingham – memories
- Lady Lee Manila – farewell
- Judy Martin – adventure
- Yvette Prior – Persistence
- Autumn Jade – New Beginnings
- Frank – Changes
- Amanda Mac – Trust
- Lisa Coleman – Citizenship
- Yvette Prior – Citizenship
- Sadje – Citizenship
- Frank – Fairness
- Tina – Fairness
- Liana – Fairness
- Yvette – Fairness
- Abigail – Responsibility
Where to Get Insightful Quotations
“A quotation in a speech, article or book is like a rifle in the hands of an infantryman. It speaks with authority.”Brendan Behan
Want to Be a Guest or Co-Host?
Maybe you have the perfect topic or you love one of my suggestions. Let me know which week or week’s you would like to host.