#Prescott Walk #8 Willow Lake Trail
Thanks for joining me on another Prescott Walk through the Lens Artist Photo Challenge.
“For this week’s Lens-Artists Photo Challenge #136, we’re circling back to the alphabet. This time, we’re going to focus on the letter S. What images can you find that feature a subject that begins with the letter S?”
Vince and I wanted a bigger challenge that we walked the first few times we went around Willow Lake. The sign tells you how difficult/scary the trail is and we decided to try something substantially technical.
All we had to do was to follow the white spots on the rocks. Usually they were very visible even in the shadows. Sometimes there were slippery rocks and my feet aren’t super stable. I was somewhat nervous about climbing a technical trail.
Vince, on the other hand, smiled serenely at my fear, spread his arms to assure me that I would be secure on that slippery trail.
Vince was right. I slowly scaled the rocks to his surveillance point at the top. What a spectacular view of the surrounding countryside! Willow Lake is on a substantially busy Prescott street, but you scarcely notice it from the trail. Scrambling up the rocks, you could see it in the distance.
Willow Creek, which feeds Willow Lake had come alive after the snow and snaked its way across the weeds. In 1935 the Civilian Conservation Corps built the Willow Creek Dam as a public works project.
Vince’s shadow blends in with the stripes on the rock as he spots a superior snapshot.
Back on solid ground again, we searched strategically for specific items that might scratch us -like cactus stickers. They looked spectacular as sunlight shone through them.
We spied other spectators on the Willow Lake trail. These strangers let us snap their pictures as they staggered up the slope.
Someone surpassed us on a side path and surveyed it by staking pencils ever few inches until they ran out of pencils. Vince named it the Lápiz Trail.
Other “S” Posts You Might Enjoy
- Lens Artist Photo Challenge 136 by Chava
- Lens-Artists Photo Challenge: Starts with ‘S’ | scillagrace
- Lens-Artists Photo Challenge #136: Subjects Starting with the Letter–S | This, that and the other thing by Janet
- https://photographyocd.com/2021/02/20/dark-waters/ by Mike
- If I missed yours, you are welcome to put a link in my comment section.
Coming Next Week
- Sunday Stills
- Story Chat Summary of “The Trophy Cabinet” It’s not too late to leave your comment.
- How to Organize Your Photos with yours and Lisa Coleman’s best tips
- #Writer’s Quotes Wednesdays Writing Challenge
- More Prescott Walks
For All These Posts to Matter
Have a great week.