Here is a nice reflection on the sweetness of life. Mary and I had to make difficult choices at Reimer’s Candy Shop in Three Rivers, CA. This is a favorite stop on the way both to and from the Sequoia National Park to see the big trees.
Both my husband and I compete to see who can lose the most weight while eating the most chocolate. Right now he is winning. OK he always wins. Here is his advice!
What do you think? 🙂
Super Sweet Blogging Award
Thank you to Nizy’s Life Compendium http://nackynice.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for the beautiful Super Sweet Award. This award is really yummy, and during my month of not eating sweets along with my fitness blogging friend, .
With every award come rules, and these are simple.
1) Thank Nizy, my nominator,
2) Answer 4 questions.
- Cookies or Cake- That hard. I love gooey anything, chocolate cake with pudding or whipped cream in the middle, would have to be my top favorite. I would like it with ice cream and hot fudge as well. If I have to choose something plain (no ice cream), that that would be a snicker doodle or wedding cake cookie from Hometown Emporium in Exeter, CA.
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Are you kidding me? Chocolate, hands down. You CAN eat just plain chocolate , but the older I get the more I like the two together. No, I take that back, I was old at age 6. But why eat vanilla if there is no chocolate?
- What is your favorite sweet treat? My very favorite treat is chocolate ice cream with marshmallow cream next to vanilla ice cream with hot fudge.
- When do you crave sweet things the most? The more I eat sweets, the more I crave them. If I have a challenge – like this month, I can just tell myself, OK, Marsha Lee, no more sweets for you. After about 2-3 days, I’m able to turn down anything with no pangs. Once I start again, though, the floodgates open, and so does my mouth.
- If I had a sweet nickname what would it be? My husband calls me Marsha Mallow Pie.
- The Baker’s Dozen Nominees