#Lens-Artists Challenge #132 – Striped & Checked | Leya (wordpress.com) Leya’s quote started me out in stiches.
Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.Albert Einstein
New to me, usually I don’t include music with my posts, but I found the White Stripes, and if you watch the YouTube you’ll see so many stripes and checks, you won’t be able to count them. Besides, I thought the song was cute. Hope you like it.
“Take care not to wear stripes that are out of sync with your wrinkles.”George Burns
Wrinkles are the furthest thing from my mind as I sit at my desk, I’m inspired by the beauty of the snow. Keeping the cold from touching anything but my eyes is an network of stripes and checks. Okay, you got me, the checks are a stretch. 🙂
On the other hand, if you are more interested in stipes than checks, here is a picture of our upstairs neighbor’s steps. They left for their winter home last week. The amazing thing about living here is that the condo cleans off all the sidewalks and stairs. Heavenly – all the beauty – none of the pain. 🙂
It was hard to find checkered and stripes or even checkered in my recent photos. So you will have to settle for rectangles and stripes. Possibly those three blank areas in the bushes could be a checkerboard, don’t you think? See the back of the sofa where the cushion blew over? Do diamonds count?
“The way money goes so fast these days, they should paint racing stripes on it.”Mark Russell
By the way, a bit of random information, a diamond popped out of our garbage disposal a few days ago. It’s amazing what some people think is junk! 🙂 It didn’t survive perfectly. The former residents did not claim it, so who knows how long it’s been there. It fixed the funny noise the garbage disposal was making, though. 🙂
I liked this picture so much when we first got to Prescott, that I made a mousepad of it. I’m sure real mice love it in real life.
Again, these are not perfect checkerboards, but let’s see if they pass the mustard. This is on the way down to the bridge above. Cindy’s condo has some excellent walking trails.
Phyllis Diller has defined my sister-in- law’s and my weight goal in a year.
My sister-in-law is so skinny that she has a striped dress with only one stripe.Phyllis Diller
More stripes without any pretense of checks. This is what we saw from our front porch this morning at about 9:00. The hills are obliterated by the clouds for only a few minutes longer.
Even Einstein might think this combination of lines would be too much.
Martha Stewart was found guilty on all charges. You know what that means, stripes are in this year.Jay Leno
Go surf all the Lens-Artists comment sections to encounter the Striped and Checkered experience in full measure.
- Patti of https://pilotfishblog.com/
- Ann-Christine aka Leya of https://lagottocattleya.wordpress.com/
- Amy of https://shareandconnect.wordpress.com/
- Tina of https://travelsandtrifles.wordpress.com/
A hobby blogging friend of mine, Frank, is looking for photographers to collaborate with him on his website. He writes but wants to promote your photographs. It’s a great opportunity for fun and exposure. Contact him here. Collaborators – Beach Walk Reflections: Thoughts from thinking while walking (wordpress.com). He will be host #WQWWC on February 10 – LOVE!
- This month our Story Chat features author Anne Goodwin and her short story, “A Post Card from the Past.” Join in the conversation and give us your perspective. We’ve heard from writers, teachers, social workers and clinical psychologists each with their own theories. What’s your take?
- I’m super excited that Carrot Ranch ran an interview about Story Chat in the Saddle Up Saloon.
- Autty Jade, A Day in the Brine hosts this week’s Writer’s Quotes Wednesday Writing Challenge – Change. There’s still time to write your post and link to her blog. She’d love to visit you. 🙂 P.S. So would I. 🙂
- Watch for a reblog from Hugh Roberts about Tweeting on Monday
- Welcome Restless Jo as the newest Featured Blogger on the Challenge Host Interview Series coming up Tuesday.
See you on some of your favorite challenges. What are your favorite challenges?