My only challenge today is trying to keep up with things! I want to thank several people for nominating me for awards. I am so honored, and so guilty because I haven’t followed through with them for about a month. Actually, I have been graciously nominated for the Shine On Award by Marie Go on over to check out her blog. In the meantime, here are the rules:
- Display the award logo on your blog page.
- Link back to the awesome person who nominated you.
- Tell seven things about yourself.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers who are deserving of this award.
Seven things about myself:
- I pruned my huge tomato plants and ate fresh cherry tomatoes for breakfast.
- I met another Marsha at a party for my husband’s boss last night.
- I have a new love in my life – a neighbor horse who now comes up to the fence when I walk on her road. She rests her chin on my shoulder while I pet her ears. I don’t even know her name.
- My office junk room is still clean, and I found stuff that was lost! :) Yay!
- I love writing all my posts, and they seem like my best posts ever until about 2 months later when I reread them and find errors.
- I got a call from a salesperson from a timeshare yesterday. He had wrong information on me, so I told him to call me back when he had his act together. (Who does that?) He called me back. We had a fun chat. He asked what line of work I did, and what my husband did. He guessed that maybe my husband was a minister – someone opposite me! I laughed. He told me he wasn’t calling me a devil or anything. I laughed some more. My first husband was a minister.
- My most frequent visitor and referrer on my blogpost blog is “vampirestat” hmmm
My 10 choices of blogs are:
- J T Weaver
- El Guapo
- Rexlin Victor
- Pride in Photos Photography
Another award came from Gabriel Lucatero. Thanks so much Gabriel! Gabriel is an author of quite a few books both fiction and non-fiction. On his blog he does a lot of advice writing about relationships. Men, he has some very accurate advice for you about women – in my opinion. So thanks again, Gabriel! What a surprise! :) Another good blogging friend, JT Weaver has honored me with two awards: Most Influential Blogger and the WordPress Family Award One thing I like about receiving awards from men is that they don’t always have the rules, so it is really no muss, no fuss! I love awards, and I love reading what people write to let us get to know them better, today is the perfect day for a no fuss award. Thanks JT! :) Finally, The Story Reading Ape has nominated me for the Liebster Award. This one has rules. Don’t you love his picture?
Here are the rules
1. List eleven random facts about me.
- We didn’t own a TV until I was 7.
- I have a hair appointment in 45 minutes, so I’m not going to get this done before I go.
- It was fun to see my husband’s picture in the local newspaper this morning.
- I get a lot of training even in retirement, and I still don’t know it all!
- I wasn’t done with the bowl of pistachios that my husband just took away from me.
- We didn’t have air conditioning when I was young. There was a large fan in the window of the garage that was supposed to remove all the hot air. It didn’t. My dad was a design engineer who designed air conditioners.
- I passed out the Kiwanis “What’s Happening in the Foothills” magazine out at shops, the hospital and doctor’s offices yesterday. It was amazing how happy people were to get the magazine.
- My friend Janice who now lives in TN visited last week, and got me up at 5:30 a.m. to walk two days in a row.
- Manny is having fun in Spain.
- The ridges in my fingernails are really bugging me! My nails need polish. :)
- I used to eat soft chocolate ice cream and french fries for lunch almost every day, and I weighed about 105 pounds at 5’5″ tall. I still like both.
2. Nominate eleven bloggers for the Liebster Blog Award. 3. Notify the bloggers. 4. Ask eleven questions the bloggers must answer upon receiving the nomination. 5. Answer the eleven questions you were asked when you were nominated. 6. Link back to the person who nominated you. Here are Story Reading Ape’s Questions 1. What’s the funniest movie you’ve ever seen? I love Adam Sandler. It doesn’t seem to matter which one he’s in. They are all funny!🙂 2. What’s your earliest memory? At what age? When I was very young, I could remember way back (like 2 years). Now the memories are mixed up together. Let’s see, was I two or was I 16? hmmm Just kidding, but those early preschool days ran together. I remember the drawer at Grandma’s that had all MY stuff in it. – A map puzzle with South Carolina worn off and I colored the rough cardboard backing yellow like the state had been, a pop bracelet, Crayola 24 count crayons in a black box, pink freezer paper to keep me occupied for hours, and a cow thingy that mooed when I turned it upside down – Grandma never threw anything away, and I started going there when I was 0. She got rid of the drawer when she moved in with my mom when I was 33, so you tell me how old I was. :) 3. What was your favorite subject in school? I loved reading even more than writing. 4. Have you EVER had a need for algebra away from the school environment? I’m sure I have…. Ops really, …no. I wasn’t an engineer, but I did tutor teachers and students in algebra as a history consultant. (Yeah, I don’t get it either!) :) 5. Do you understand modern art (or even know if it’s hanging the right way up)? The picture I thought was the most overpriced was a huge canvas in Paris, the size of my office painted nothing but bluest blue. That’s it. I could have done that and I can’t draw! :) 6. Most enjoyable book? I look around my library and love so many books for such different reasons. I think I enjoyed Anna Karenina the most because I spent time analyzing it. I also enjoyed David Copperfield for the same reason 7. Have you ever spent money on something you’ve really wanted although you could hardly afford it at the time? All the time! :) Yikes! :) Let’s don’t go there, ok? 8. Apart from when you were a child, have you ever danced in the rain? Danced, no, got stuck in it, yes! I lived in Portland, Oregon. I didn’t like walking in the rain. As I ran across the busy street to catch a bus, a man beckoned me from his car. I thought I knew him. He said, “Hop in, I’ll take you home.” I really thought he was someone I knew from high school, Bill somebody. Glad for the ride, I scooted in as his girlfriend moved to the back seat. As soon as I got in, I realized I had made a mistake, and I didn’t know him. It was still raining outside. 9. What country would you like to visit that you haven’t? I would love to go to Australia and visit my new blogging friends, and also to Spain, and Sweden. 10. What makes you grumpy? Unfortunately, lots of things have that potential. The worst is when I am expecting something to go a certain way, and it doesn’t work out that way. For example, I used to sew and knit a lot. I get very grumpy when I put stitches where they shouldn’t be and I can’t get my arm in the sleeve. Worse, I put buttonholes on the wrong side, and cut them open. That makes me crazy! :) 11. What’s your GO TO switch to make you feel better on a gray day? Exercise helps, so does housekeeping. Anything physical. I get restless on a gray day, and even if I have lots to do, I might not get them done if I get gray along with the day! Here are my 11 choices:
- Maddie Cochere
- Jilanne Hoffmann
- Marie @ MyMomThoughts
- When in New Places
- Shakti Ghosal
I’m going to use the same questions for you. 1. What’s the funniest movie you’ve ever seen? 2. What’s your earliest memory? 3. What was your favorite subject in school? 4. Have you EVER had a need for algebra away from the school environment? 5. Do you understand modern art (or even know if it’s hanging the right way up)? 6. Most enjoyable book? 7. Have you ever spent money on something you’ve really wanted although you could hardly afford it at the time? 8. Apart from when you were a child, have you ever danced in the rain? 9. What country would you like to visit that you haven’t? 10. What makes you grumpy? 11. What’s your GO TO switch to make you feel better on a gray day?