HERE’S A TIP
When you cannot think of a thing to blog, write a list.
Below is my LIST of several reasons that I believe blogging helped me and can help you too. If you have not decided to try blogging yet, I hope this list will urge you to start blogging…NOW. And now, it’s all about me!
- Blogging keeps me sharp and helps me develop and learn.
- Blogging gave me an office of friends and co-workers around the world who were willing to share their ability with me, and keep me company right in my home.
- Blogging maximized my doors of opportunities in ways I could not foresee. Arcadia Publishing Company noticed a post about my town and asked me to write a book about Woodlake. What a thrill and an achievement of one of my lifetime goals! Next, I wrote two novels, two children’s books and now this book along with its longer counterpart, Because of Blogging because a friend encouraged me to step out and do it!
- Blogging developed my skills in technology, writing, drawing, and photography. Using Photoshop and Adobe Illustrated to process photos, create flyers, and brochures is no longer a mystery. Miss Earningway even tried to sell some photographs – unsuccessfully, I might add, but it was an experiment. A Bamboo electronic sketch pad helped me to start drawing and publishing a few of my drawings.
- Blogging developed marketing and communication skills. Social media became my best friend, and I expanded from doing it only for myself to dragging in all the organizations to which I belonged, right in with me. WordPress publicized automatically to several accounts, so I had to set up and learn to use those accounts.
- Blogging refined and expanded my hobbies because writing helps you learn new skills.
Does any of this sound like you too? Sign up to receive a free copy of my e-book,
Sign up to receive a free copy of my e-book, So You Think You Can Blog.
If you have additional tips, please leave us a comment or link to your blog post. We will visit your blog and comment on it as well.
Find this helpful? Please share it! 🙂