This was the most fun New Year’s Day I have ever had.
Paula and the kids came over bringing the croquet set with them.
Vince and Edward set it all up before lunch.
Here are the rules.
- If you are the youngest and littlest, you get twice as many shots as everyone else. (Chloe won and got bored and took pictures the next time.)
- If you get too far behind, move the ball a little with your feet.
- Never swing too hard like you are hitting a golf ball 250 yards. Croquet mallets break when you miss the ball and hit the ground.
- Choose the winning color. Yellow is the color that wins because everyone hits your ball through the hoops for you.
- If you hit a person, you get to hit again. If you go through a hoop, you get to go again. If you are little, you get to go again. If you don’t get to go again, hit it again anyway. You’ll catch up faster.
- If you get bored playing, you have to be the photographer.
What did you do on New Year’s Day? Or, was that day a complete dud, and you’ve had better days to discuss?