Like all of us, I actually do have a life. And often it gets in the way of my blogging. I started blogging in April, and by August I had to quit my day job so I could blog full-time. Such a sad excuse to retire, but V says I go after blogging like I did my job, and according to V – not my boss – I was a workaholic.
As you may know, I am still heavily invested in the social studies teaching community through California Council for the Social Studies, San Joaquin Valley Council for the Social Studies and National Council for the Social Studies as well as the Tulare County Historical Society, and I am just about to join our local Kiwanis Club thanks to Running P Ranch Co-Captain, Sally Pace. This week three of them have had meetings. The funny thing about meetings is that there is always work attached. On top of that V’s son is having a birthday soon, and we are celebrating with him. Paula’s son just had a birthday, and we will celebrate with them on Sunday.
I say all this to apologize if my posts for the rest of this month may be sketchy or nil. I’m not sure if I can stop blogging altogether. I am super addicted, as you can tell. But if I do neglect to get up a post or two, please feel free to rummage around in my past posts. I have tons. I can’t stop myself. Some of them are better than others, but my WordPress friends are probably glad to let you know in the sidebars which are the most popular. They are all pretty random. They are streaming thoughts, after all.
This also means that I have been and will continue to neglect my visiting of your blogs somewhat. Again, I don’t mean to. I am reading my reader as I travel – if I’m not driving!!! unfortunately it sends me tons of blogs I hardly even know, and who never write me back. I am prejudiced and I really prefer to visit people who actually visit me, and write back to me when I scribble out a few comments on their blogs as well. My reader tries to expand my repertoire, but it often misses my valued closest friends.
My email notifier is good, but I find when I click from there many of your blogs make me sign in three or four times before I can even like what you said. I have to admit that when I am on my iPhone, I have no patience with those sign ins. I hit the wrong keys, and end up having to enter firstname.lastname@example.org at least 6 or 7 times before I get it right! I’m bouncing around in a car, so I get mad and go back to playing Farkle. I’m sorry – did I just tell you that? So mindless of me.
All that to say, if you don’t hear much from me this week, it’s not because I don’t love and think about you. 🙂 ML
So that you can keep me in line, here’s my list. Feel free to comment. Marsha, did you call… or did you … And if you think of anything else I missed, be sure to comment that, too. Except you, Ralph. You’ll have a complete additional to do list for me that I’ll never be able to finish!!! JK haha
Marsha’s REAL TO DO LIST
- Call Scott with model number 3712
- Call John and arrange for him to drive the trailer to Scotts. (Yes, we’re selling our Layton 39 foot trailer – anyone interested. You can see it on Ebay or on my FB page.) We’ll deliver if you live in Spain or England!! JK 🙂 We can’t tow it – it’s LONG, but spotless and comfy. We store it mostly.
- process pictures
- input hilton honors information
- Proofread the conference program
- Look over the BOD packet (haha that’s Board of Directors, Ralph!! Don’t get all worked up!!!)
- Avi needs to have someone write up the motion for the board packet.
- I need to write a motion to accept the changes in the bylaws.
- I will highlight sessions and workshops. Three or four compelling topics in each subject area. http://ccss.org/Resources/Documents/conf2013/2013_Program.pdf
- I need to write up motion for reverse brokering.
- Work on the membership brochure at least the text. See if Paula or V will help me with the graphics.
- Mary is drafting a letter that will go to people who will be new members. As one of the benefits you receive a complimentary membership to CCSS.
- I need to pass the brochure on to Mary.
- I need to follow up with Mary to make sure she has written the letter.
- email Laile with the results of our conversation tonight
Isn’t this fascinating? Am I desperate for something to write or what?? Can you guess which ones are done????
What have I missed Avi? Brent? Terry? Sharon? V?